Blazers will always be in style. And thankfully over the past few decades, women’s have evolved in so many amazing ways, that we can use them to complete any look for the better. There are so many different kinds of blazers now—from classic to longline to leather sleeves. They’re the perfect little jacket for spring, which is actually coming soon! They’re also super versatile (remember the stripe one I did here?). You can incorporate them into a work outfit, a weekend outfit, or a date night look. These are my favorite ways to style a blazer!
1. A longline is chic and casual, and always brings a freshness to a look. I love to wear longlines in earth tones, like I did here with this amazing one from Chicwish. I absolutely love this whole look, because it perfectly encapsulates what Chicwish is all about: feminine and chic styles at an affordable price, with a vintage flair. Remember the super chic coat I wore in SoHo here (which is now on sale)? It’s still one of my go-to!
2. A classic black, fitted blazer is perfect for one of those days where you just want to throw on the first clothes you see and walk out the door. Yes, they were pretty much made for work, but why not wear on the weekend? Pair your go-to blazer with a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans, some white sneakers, a tee, and your favorite pair of sunglasses and you’ll embody chic in a totally effortless way.
3. Any blazer can winter-up a spring dress. Don’t let your favorite sundress live in the back of your closet for part of the year! If you pair it with any kind of blazer—classic, longline, patterned, or studded—and a pair of tights and booties, you’ll be able to keep it in your rotation year round.
4. I love to spice up a more professional work look. Instead of wearing that matching suit like you normally do simply wear the jacket over your shoulders. It’s so on-trend right now, and gives a relaxed feel to an otherwise boring look!
5. For another formal look, try a blazer in a bold color or pattern with a pair of cigarette pants and a pair of pointed-toe flats.
6. For a fashion forward layered look, wear a fitted or longline blazer to polish up a high-waisted maxi skirt. Underneath, try a crop top or a blouse tucked in with a belt.
7. Blazers can also work with a mini skirt or shorts, but the key to pulling this off is the length. You just don’t want the jacket to be too short. Ideally, the blazer will sit even with the hem of the mini or shorts, or about an inch above the hem, which elongates you. The best bet for shoes with this outfit would have to be a block heel or wedges! It’s the perfect outfit for brunch or a day out on a breezy summer day.