You’re probably watching Netflix in bed right now, but pay attention to this guide instead of the show you’ve seen one hundred times. When you’re done, this lazy girl’s guide to effortless style will help you look extra stylish when you get dressed tomorrow, without really trying.
If you’re a lazy girl but looking as polished as possible is just as important as comfort and sleep, it’s all about having the right pieces in your rotation—and the right styling.
So yes, you have to make a little bit of effort. But once you memorize the lazy girl’s guide to effortless as a part of your daily routine, you won’t even have to stop to think about it. It will become a muscle—a part of you. A part of your lazy self.
- Basics are best: You don’t want to think about which pattern goes with what before your morning coffee! For lazy girls, it’s best to go for solids in neutral colors like black, brown, white and grey. Of course, the occasional pop of color—like a bright red longline coat—will make you look like you tried, when you probably didn’t.
- Pay attention to proportions and fit: You don’t want to look like you’re just swaddled in blankets—even though, as a lazy girl, that is your dream. So pay attention to the proportions in your outfits. If you’re wearing baggy pants, such as boyfriend jeans, wear a fitted top and/or jacket. If you’re wearing leggings, wear a baggy top.
- Layer it up: Layers can hide a lazy outfit, or a T-shirt you’ve been too lazy to wash for a few days. An oversized sweater is a lazy girl’s best friend. Or, maybe second best friend, next to her bed, of course!
- Accessorize: Dangly earrings, big rings, a bold bracelet, or a choker, jewelry is absolutely essential to making even the most casual looks stylish and put-together. Plus, it’s easy to throw on after your outfit. If you haven’t exactly washed your hair in a few days, you can pull the whole look together with a stylish hat. The perfect pair of sunglasses can also bring together a look in ways you’d never imagine!
- A statement piece: Whether it’s leather jacket, a fit-to-perfection blazer, or a pair of OTK boots, a statement piece is the key to tying together an otherwise lazy outfit. With a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans, and a white T-shirt, the right jacket or the perfect pair of shoes will elevate the look to sophistication.
Shop My Look